Monday, October 20, 2014

Music Album Review - His Kids United Christmas Vol 1

Even this 66 year old grandfather can find some things to like about this album. There is a nice mix of old carols with music and tempo I like, but also a really nice variety of music styles, some quite contemporary, that I find appropriate for the happy celebratory time that Christmas is. The mix of songs is aimed at children 5-14 years old, but really has something for everyone.


I like the saxophone in “All I Have to Give”. It fits so well, like the violin and viola in "Ashokan Farewell"  played in Ken Burn's PBS Civil War Series. 


I am not a fan of rap, but found some of the rap in “Light of Christmas” I liked and thought it was interspersed quite appropriately among the melody lines. Because it contains a nice range of music styles and mix of old and new music, along with four well done original songs, I would not mind listening to this album with my grandkids.

Here is the track list:


    1. Here We Come A-Caroling (Wassail Song)
    2. Light Up The World (feat. Jovany Javier)
    3. Jingle Bell Rock
    4. O Come, O Come Emmanuel
    5. All I Have To Give
    6. Light of Christmas
    7. Jingle Bells
    8. No Better Holiday
    9. Away In A Manger
    10. Christmas Time Is Here
    11. I Hope This Gets To You
    12. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
    You can hear a sample track here

      No comments:

      Post a Comment